Forest Run Rules
- Entries open in January 2017.
- Entries close on Saturday, 6 May 2017.
- Entrants must be at least 18 on the day of the race.
- Entries will be accepted until the limit of 250 runners is reached or until entries close.
- Should a runner no longer be able to attend, their entry can be passed on to a friend. Please notify Forest Run of any changes close of entries.
- Participants are required to attend race briefing on the morning of the race.
- Participants are required to have ALL compulsory equipment with them at all times.
- Participants are required to display their race number at all times.
- Runners on the longest route must reach the short-cut point by the time specified to be allowed to continue. This cut-off will only be enforced if deemed necessary.
- Courses close at 17h00 to ensure all runners and our sweepers are off the routes by sunset.
- Runners must keep to the marked route; no short-cuts permitted.
- Although medical support is on standby, participants must be fit and able to complete the course without assistance.
- Littering is unacceptable. Never, ever. Environmental respect and consideration is non-negotiable. There are bins at the waterpoints and food station. Please pick up any items that have been mistakenly and unknowingly fallen from backpacks.
- Marshals have the authority to halt runners should they look unwell. They may be allowed to continue after a short rest. The race medics can declare participants unfit to continue. Participants will abide by this decision for their own safety and that of other participants, officials and volunteers.
This is an event created for the express purpose of being a wonderful running experience through terrain that you wouldn’t otherwise have access to.
All participants receive a special Forest Run something at the finish. Course winners (male and female) receive additional prizes. There is no prize money.
- Entries are limited to 250 runners in total.
- Entries are first-come, first-served.
- Entry fees must be paid in full and by EFT only.
- Entries are open until entry closing date or once the entry limit has been reached.
UPGRADES & DOWNGRADES
- You may upgrade to a longer course i.e. 16km to 30km until entries close. Please notify Lisa of the change. The balance of the entry fee will need to be transferred.
- Should you wish to downgrade i.e. from the 30km to the 16km, 50% of the difference in the entry fees will be refunded to you. Please notify Lisa of the change.
- Downgrades can happen on race day (not upgrades). Please notify organisation at registration. No refunds will take place.
When you enter, we commit on participant numbers to venues, orders and service providers. This means that we have to pay regardless whether you’re there or not. We would appreciate your cooperation and consideration in line with our terms below, should you be no longer able to participate.
- If you have entered but are no longer able to participate, you can give your entry to someone else. Please make sure that Lisa receives their details on or before entries close. No additional fee will be charged.
- If you are unable to find a replacement runner:
- 30% of entry fee paid will be refunded to you if your entry is cancelled in writing on or before Monday, 17 April 2017.
- No refund if you cancel your entry after Monday, 17 April 2017.
- Entries will not be deferred to next year.
Should the Forest Run route be considered unsafe (due to, for example, heavy rain or fires), the organiser reserves the right to re-route the courses, shorten the routes or cancel the event. If Forest Run is re-routed or shortened or cancelled, no refunds will be given. Although unlikely that Forest Run will be cancelled, this decision would only be made should your safety be at risk. Forest Run may be re-scheduled.